There are many things that cause our skin to age, some things are inevitable, others we can influence, but we can’t change the natural ageing process. It’s natural for our face to lose some of its fullness, and with time we will all get visible lines on our face. Ageing happens not just because of genetics, but also because of our environment and lifestyle choices.
- The sun plays a big role in prematurely ageing our skin, so it’s essential that you apply sunscreen to all parts of the skin that’s not covered by clothing, using a sun cream, at least SPF 30, or even higher.
- Rather than lying in the sun to get a tan, apply self-tanner or get a spray tan. Sunbathing and tanning beds all give off harmful UV rays that can cause premature ageing to your skin.
- Smoking causes wrinkles and a dull complexion and will speed up how quickly our skin ages.
- Repetitive facial expressions contract the underlying muscles causing lines and wrinkles, and repeatedly contracting the same muscles over many years will cause these lines to become permanent.
- A healthy, well-balanced diet, with fresh fruit and vegetables and lean meat may help to slow down damage that leads to prematurely ageing the skin. Visible ageing can accelerate, when a diet includes lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates.
- Alcohol dehydrates the skin, which in time will damage it, and end up making us look older.
- Gently cleanse your skin, as scrubbing can irritate and this can accelerate skin ageing and always apply a facial moisturiser.
Reputable clinics provide the latest, leading, safe and effective cosmetic treatments to help to slow down ageing effects of the skin. Experienced and fully trained aesthetic teams will recommend a range of treatments, and tailor your treatment plan specifically for you – from solo treatments or combining different treatments.
Wrinkles are the most noticeable signs of the skin ageing, and appear on different areas of the face. Very fine lines are the first to appear, becoming noticeable at the outer corners of the eyes and are known as laughter lines. They can also be found on the cheeks and the forehead and become deeper as we get older. A simple botox injection can transform the face by relaxing the muscles, smoothing out the face and making it look fresh and supple.
The lips – lip enhancement will give your lips better definition and reduce lipstick bleed. Lip augmentation will give greater volume and a fuller appearance.
Tear trough treatment – gives a natural filled out appearance under the lower eyelids, correcting the hollowed-eye look.
Lip Creases – fillers can soften the depth of smokers lines around the lips, giving a more youthful appearance of the mouth area.
Nasolabial Folds – correction or softening of the deep grooves between the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth, gives dramatic results.
Cheek Enhancement – high cheekbones can easily be achieved by the precise placing of fillers.
Jowls Correction – the precise placing of fillers can give you the result of a smooth jaw line.
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, skin needling and skin tightening treatments will all help with exfoliation, a clearer complexion, smoother skin texture, reducing scars and promoting the growth of new skin and collagen. The process of exfoliation helps to keep-up a brighter and more even complexion, helping to make the skin look much younger and healthier.