Skin aging is a perplexing biological process triggered by a number of inherent and acquired factors. It’s a relatively unknown fact that skin is a body organ, and that too the largest and the most visible one.
As we get older, our skin is one of the first facets that gives away our age. Also, the fact that healthy and beautiful skin is considered a sign of our overall well-being, millions of people now resort to numerous anti-aging treatments in a quest to become the present-day Marilyn Monroe, and subsequently funding the billion dollar cosmetic industry.
With a number of preventive measure, invasive procedures and topical therapeutic treatments, it’s now imperative to know what the most potent cosmetic treatment for anti-aging. This is what the article aims at.
1. Retinoid Cream: It’s rightly said that if you’re on a quest, seeking the fountain of youth, you cannot choose to ignore retinoids. They are the only thing proven to reduce the occurrence and visibility of wrinkles, lighten brown spots, and inhibit the breakdown of collagen (the protein of youth).
2. Peptide Cream: Solely for the benefits it provides to your skin, Peptide deserves your attention. Though not as potent as Retinoids, Peptides help in revitalizing the skin and thereby making it more resilient. From modestly priced creams to the costly ones, there are a dozen of Peptide creams to choose from.
3. Chemical Peels: Chemical peels involve a chemical agent that causes ablation of the defined skin layers to exfoliate the skin damaged by the sun and induce an even, tighter skin. Ranging from superficial to deep peels, chemical peel is an excellent treatment procedure for anti aging symptoms like acne scars, wrinkles, discoloration and dullness.
4. Dermal Filler injections: Dermal fillers are anti-aging injectables that help with diminishing fine lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, saggy skin and wrinkles. A rather popular anti-aging treatment, dermal fillers seek to change the facial profile to a youthful one and are sometimes also referred to as preventive injections.
5. Laser Skin Resurfacing: With a relatively lower recovery time and diminished risk of bruising, bleeding or discomfort, laser skin resurfacing is a popular cosmetic treatment for anti aging. Dissolving the molecular bonds of damaged skin cells using a high-intensity, it’s majorly used for hyper-pigmentation and scars around the mouth and eyes, wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging.
With laser emitting wands and metaphysical ingredients, cosmetic dermatologists are wizards in disguise. With constant, rigorous innovations and developments, they have successfully perfected the art of reversing the various signs of aging and now offer comfortable, swift and safe procedures.
For all those who find such treatments ludicrous, you can immediately begin with preventive measures and prevent any further damage to kick in. Regular exercise, nutritional diet and sun screens would take you a long way.